Thursday, April 26, 2012

Farm Time

Dear Followers and Casual Viewers,
Sorry for not posting so much in the month of April.
I have recently started an internship on a farm in Emmitsburg, MD called Whitmore Farm.
I have been here since the 15th, and will be staying through the month of May.
It is an organic meat farm and it is awesome.

I have not had a lot of free time to spend blogging, and so, you all may or may not have suffered from this.
To make up for my lack of posts, here are some animal pictures! (Everybody loves baby animals right?)



 The farm specializes in heritage breed animals, and the ones pictured are Gloucester Old Spot pigs, Katahdin hair sheep (no wool to shear!), Wellsummer chickens (one of 5 heritage breeds on the farm), and Tennessee Fainting Goats. Yeah. Awesome. In addition to these animals, there are also Silver Fox Rabbits.


Since I am no longer in NYC, I won't be taking pictures of awesome Malaysian food, pig head tacos, crazy Chinatown finds and the like, but I will still be posting. We have been making some great meals here on the farm, mostly from local organic ingredients, with as much utilized from the farm as possible.

Please keep checking back as I certainly will keep posting.

1 comment:

ess said...

It's about time! Been wanting to see the animals! Can you write about the delicious meals you're cooking???