Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Wrap Up

I took a lot of pictures in 2011. For many of the months, my camera was broken, but I got a new camera and started snapping away again.

I try to post the very best of my pictures, so you've all probably seen the top notch ones, but here are a couple photos that never made the blog but I think are pretty rad.

Remember, you can click on the photos to enlarge them!


This is a picture of some Bamboo Shoots I saw in a Sunset Park Asian Supermarket. They were all lined up in rows, and reminded me of the Terracotta Army.

This is a big ol' crab! He was standing guard over a lobster. He's big.

This is some crazy green thing I can't remember the name of. It's a member of the Brassica family, and is supposed to taste sweet, and like a mix of cauliflower and broccoli.

I love to take pictures of seafood markets. This is a crab harvest in Chinatown in February.
This is another seafood pic from Chinatown. In the middle are some razor clams, which are freaking delicious; sweet and meaty, these are some of the best clams for eating. On the right are some Goeduck!

This is my bowl, just before I put some soup in! A friend of mine cooks Burmese food, and sometimes when I visit I get to try some new things. This was her take on Mohinga, considered to be the national dish of Burma.

And this crazy thing is a Buddha's hand! A member of the citrus family with no pulp or juice, this pithy monster is extremely aromatic and smells like lemons and roses. Very pleasant as a tea, and as a room freshener.

Happy new year every body!

No comments: